Terms of Service Happenstance
Our terms of service governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Happenstance, as well as Happenstance brands, products and services, which we call the “Happenstance Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing the Happenstance Services, you agree to this Statement, and its future updates.
1/ Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you share with other users on Happenstance.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Happenstance, but you agree to the fact that we may use your feedback or suggestions without compensating you for them (and you have no obligation to offer them).
We do and will do our very best to keep Happenstance safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Happenstance safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Happenstance.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Happenstance, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Happenstance.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not share content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use Happenstance to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Happenstance, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Happenstance functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
III/ Registration and Account Security
Happenstance users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Happenstance, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use Happenstance if you are under 13.
- You will not use Happenstance if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
IV/ Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not share content or take any action on Happenstance that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not share anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Happenstance.
- Your continued use of the Happenstance Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Happenstance to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account at any time.
- These General Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by French law.In the event of dispute concerning the validity, interpretation and / or application of these General Terms and Conditions of Use, all parties agree that the courts of Paris shall be the only competent jurisdiction capable of judging the dispute, save conflicting mandatory rules of practice.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Happenstance, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct user's' actions on Happenstance and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Happenstance. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Happenstance. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Happenstance.
- WE TRY TO KEEP HAPPENSTANCE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING HAPPENSTANCE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT HAPPENSTANCE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT HAPPENSTANCE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. HAPPENSTANCE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR HAPPENSTANCE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- By "Happenstance" or” Happenstance Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.happenstance.co and any other Happenstance branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); and (b) other media, brands, products, services, software, devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Happenstance reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Happenstance.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Happenstance Services.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Happenstance or provide to Happenstance.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Happenstance services, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access to Happenstance services but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Happenstance, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Happenstance.